Founder and CEO
Bill has either led or been a member of fundraising teams that have been required to raise as much as $25 million in one year or as little as $300,000. He prides himself on a unique ability to “get his hands dirty” and do the challenging work required to communicate appropriately with donors and help nonprofits grow their revenue stream.
Here are a few highlights from his career:
- Personally closed a $1 million gift in 2021 for the Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago – toward a total annual fundraising goal of $2.2 million.
- Partnered with the Dean of University Libraries at Loyola University Chicago to facilitate a $1.5 million fundraising campaign for Rare Books and Special Collections.
- First gift officer in the 120-year history of Catholic Extension to raise over $1 million from donors in his portfolio in a fiscal year. Raised over $1.2 million in total that year.
- With just a 3-month runway, helped lead a $1 million fundraising campaign for the National Hellenic Museum 2022 Gala.
- Successfully coached senior executives and board members at large organizations in the work of cultivating relationships with 7- and 8-figure donors.
Prior to entering the world of professional fundraising, Bill worked in faith-based and academic settings. He holds a PhD in Constructive Theology from Loyola University Chicago and was active as a scholar and professor for some time. For a full list of Bill’s accomplishments – academic and otherwise, check out his LinkedIn profile here.
Associate Director of Development
David brings more than 15 years of experience in education and nonprofit organizations. He finds great joy in helping people see how their passions and interests can be leveraged for good.
David began his career as Director of Hunger Education at ELCA World Hunger. In that role he managed a $1.2 million budget and was a key member of the team responsible for raising more than $30 million a year for the organization’s anti-hunger work.
He is well aware of the work and needs of smaller organizations—while Director of Hunger Education he managed a $600,000 granting program that supported small, faith-based anti-poverty nonprofits and served on the boards of multiple local charities. In these early years of his career he learned how to apply his best thinking to find partners in the work to address some of our most pressing problems.
Later, as a college professor, David used his skills as a connector and communicator to help students see how their gifts and talents connect to the world’s great needs. He continued to think, research, and write on the essential roles we all play in making the world more equitable and just.
Schedule a Consultation
Our founder is William Myatt, a theologian-turned-fundraiser who has found his niche in the world of major gift fundraising. Schedule a free 30-minute consultation with Bill by contacting us today.